Psilocybin mushrooms, also known as “magic mushrooms” or “shrooms”, contain a hallucinogenic chemical called psilocybin. When consumed there are many different effects that can happen, but it mostly depends on the person who’s taking it. Due to it being a Schedule I substance it has become illegal in the US. It is really easy to mistake psilocybin mushrooms with other poisonous mushrooms so it’s best to not consume them unless you know for sure what it is. The safest way, if you’re planning on trying them, is to grow them on your own at home. Because it’s a fungus and not a plant, it grows out off of other substances. The most common place to find these mushrooms are in cow or horse pastures in states that have a tropical or subtropical climate. Unlike other drugs this particular chemical is not addictive and the rare that do get addicted to it already have an addiction to some other kind of substance.
The basic anatomy of a mushroom is the cap, gills, the ring, volva, scales, stipe/stalk, pores, tubes and cap scales.  Most of them are on the smaller side and average at about 3 inch stalks and 1 inch caps. When they’re fresh they have a light gray, brown, or yellow stem with brown-and-white or just brown caps consisting of dark gills. However there are several different species that are in the genus psilocybe. For the most part they all have the same appearance except for the differences in the environment and sizes. As you may know mushrooms look very similar to each other no matter what genus they’re in so the way to tell you have found an actual psilocybin mushroom is from its spore print. To get this you press the gill sided part of the cap onto a sheet of paper so that the spores are released to where identification is possible. 
Mushrooms are reproduced by spores. The spores of a mushroom contain all the materials necessary to form a new fungus. The spores of the mushroom are released and travel around for a certain amount of time before they find a place to land.Once landed, in order to establish the fungus and gather food, it send out hyphae. Then that hyphae meets up with the hyphae of another mushroom and the sexual reproduction begins. From this the mushroom forms its structure and starts the whole process over again. 
Psilocybin mushrooms can be found and grown in a variety of places. You can grow them in your house of you can find them in the wild. However, since there is a very wide variety of poisonous mushrooms it's much safer to buy a kit of their spores and grow them yourself. The most common places to find them in the wild are in cow and horse fields in tropical or subtropical states. Also in British Columbia they find it better to grow in cool, dark and damp areas. 
Psilocybin mushrooms are also known as magic mushrooms due to the effects that they have on people. When orally ingested it is broken down to produce psilocin, which is responsible for hallucinogenic effects. However these effects are unpredictable and can change with the dosage and the person taking them. The physical effects vary with the amount ingested but the ones usually experienced are: loss of appetite, coldness in extremities, increase of pulse rate, numbness of the mouth and adjacent features, nausea, elevated blood pressure, muscle relaxation, swollen features, yawning, weakness of limbs and dilated pupils. Not only can you be affected physically but sensory as well. Vision, speaking, and tactile sense changes may be noticed after about ten minutes. Colors and music become more vivid and complex, surfaces seem to shimmer, ripple, or even breathe. In some cases people begin to see and hear things that aren't actually happening. Sensations of melting into the earth and seeing trails behind moving objects can occur as well. As for the emotional effects it really depends on the environment the person is in.
Psilocybin is a psychedelic indole that is found in psilocybin mushrooms. It is part of the tryptamine family and is present in hundreds of fungi species. The effects of psilocybin have a wide variety based on the individual and his/her condition. Once you have eaten this chemical it takes about 10-40 minutes to take effect and can last from 2-6 hours, but that only depends on the amount consumed and the persons metabolism.  Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled substance Act, which makes it illegal in the US. It’s under this category with heroin and LSD, because they all have a high potential for abuse and have no real medical purpose here. Not only to get a fun trip, people take psilocybin for religious purposes. Some people that do take it for the trip, however, have lifelong fears because of the hallucinations they experience while under the influence. It can also trigger or aggravate mania, schizophrenia, or depression. Even with all the dangers it comes with it is very rare to ever become addicted to hallucinogens.