From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
(Redirected from James)
- James, son of Zebedee — Apostle, brother of John the Apostle; also called James the Greater.
- James, son of Alphaeus, Apostle — Matthew 10:3; Mark 3:18; Luke 6:15; Acts 1:13.
- James the Just, the brother of the Lord — Matthew 13:55; Mark 6:3; Galatians 1:19.
Without a shadow of doubt, he must be identified with the James of Galatians 2:2 and 2:9; Acts 12:17, 15:13 sqq. and 21:18; and 1 Corinthians 15:7.
- James, the son of Mary, brother of Joseph (or Joses) — Mark 15:40 (where he is called ò mikros "the little", not the "less", as in the Douay-Rheims Version, nor the "lesser"); Matthew 27:56. Probably the son of Cleophas or Clopas (John 19:25) where "Maria Cleophæ" is generally translated "Mary the wife of Cleophas", as married women are commonly distinguished by the addition of their husband's name.
- James, the brother of Jude — Jude 1:1. Most Catholic commentators identify Jude with the "Judas Jacobi", the "brother of James" (Luke 6:16; Acts 1:13), called thus because his brother James was better known than himself in the primitive Church.